Centrifugal Fans Or Centrifugal Blowers
In the centrifugal blowers the air enters the fan axially and leaves the centrifugal fan unit at a right angle to the axis. The operating principal of a centrifugal blower is a combination of two effects. : centrifugal force and deflection of airflow by the blades in a radially outward direction into a spiral flow pattern.
Centrifugal blowers aka. centrifugal fans normally produce more static pressure than axial flow fan of the same wheel diameter and the same running speed because of the additional centrifugal force which is missing in Axial Flow Fans. The drive arrangements and their respective benefits with limitations for each centrifugal blower type is mentioned below.
The blower can be provided in different types of drive arrangements as follows:
In these types of Blowers, the impeller is directly mounted to the motor shaft. They have lot of advantages such as follows:
- Low Power consumption.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Initial cost is less (Economical).
- There is a limitation of the air capacity and pressure desired.
- Cannot work in high temperature applications.
- No flexibility in increasing or decreasing the air flow and pressure.
In these types of Blowers, the impeller is indirectly driven through an arrangement to shaft, bearings, belt and pulleys. The main advantages are as follows.
- There is no limitation of the air capacity and pressure desired. The blowers can be designed for any capacity.
- Can work in high temperature applications.
- Flexibility in adjusting the air flow and pressure.
- The entire blower need not be dismantled for maintenance.
- High initial cost.
- Maintenance cost is slightly high due to lot of moving parts such belts, pulleys and bearings.
These types of blowers are directly driven with the motor, but there is a coupling in-between the impeller and the motor.
- High Temperature.
- The fans can be designed for high air volumes.
- There is no limitation to the size.
- Low power consumption.
- Ease of maintenance.
- The airflow and pressure cannot be varied.
The users should choose right type of centrifugal blowers on the basis of application.
Airfilt Technologies assures the availability of high quality squirrel cage blower, high pressure blowers, blower impellers and all other types of centrifugal blowers and fans.
To Know More about Centrifugal Blowers, download Centrifugal blowers PDF .